Saturday 5 January 2013

Part 1: Blastoff

We've never claimed to pack light.
My husband and I agreed that the fact that we are leaving today with all our affairs in order and no major catastrophes is some kind of miracle. I'm only sorry that I've been so busy preparing for our trip that I haven't had a spare moment to feel excited. People often ask if I am, but I find it difficult to feel excited about the unknown. The feeling I have had of late is more akin to the feeling you get when the lap bar descends on a roller coaster ride and you jolt forward. The "maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all" feeling. But by then it's too late, and before you know it, it's all over and it was such a thrill that you never regret it.

So the countdown is over. Georgia, ready or not, here we come!

3 comments:

  1. Great pic! Hope your flight goes well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! (And Benny at this moment is wearing the exact same pjs as Elliott. Good cousin vibes!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wall of suitcases took me right back to leaving for Poland. So fun to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Moscow Metro

Sunday morning, roads closed, headed to church on the Metro. All the big in-town events seem to happen on Sundays--marathons, parades a...

Search This Blog