Thursday 14 August 2014

The Peace of Wild Things

"When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound





in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,




I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.




I come into the peace of wild things





who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief.





 I come into the presence of still water.





And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light.




For a time




I rest




 in the grace of the world,




and am free."




A poem by Wendell Berry

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Amber. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh - nice.
    I love - love the beautiful combination of words and images - and you are becoming a master, my dear. BTW, I need some of those images of Kali and I in the canoe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Amber! The entire series brings a whispered sense of peace, the slice of heaven which was Nisswa...

    ReplyDelete

Moscow Metro

Sunday morning, roads closed, headed to church on the Metro. All the big in-town events seem to happen on Sundays--marathons, parades a...

Search This Blog