Wednesday 14 September 2016

Gorky Park




"I follow the Moskva, down to Gorky Park, listening to the wind of change. . .", I've had that Scorpion song in my head for weeks now. 

I've taken to exploring the city on my own during the school days. They are surprisingly short days, as the new school concludes at 1:30pm, a fact I wasn't entirely pleased to discover. We have had some disappointments with the LycĂ©e, and I can only hope the year will improve from here. 

When I left Georgia, I promised myself that I would take time off from working for at least one semester. I am trying to make good on that promise, taking time to find a good balance and getting comfortable with our life here, but sometimes I panic and wonder what I'm doing. A good walk in the park usually helps.






The weather is holding for now, but the mornings can be quite chilly. Moscow's reputation for cold weather does not disappoint. I think I caught these blooms during their last hurrah.

Gorky Park has the most epically huge entrance I have ever seen, it literally took my breath away. I didn't even bother to take a pic because it couldn't have fit its grandeur in the frame. You have to experience it to believe it.

The flower gardens are lovely and varied. It's interesting how the style of gardening is different in every country. Perhaps it's because I'm seeing the overgrown end of summer, but it was wild, tangled, massive and unexpected. I liked it.

These prize-worthy dahlias really turned my head.


With fountains aplenty.


A spectrum of colors visible in the sun's rays.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Moscow Metro

Sunday morning, roads closed, headed to church on the Metro. All the big in-town events seem to happen on Sundays--marathons, parades a...

Search This Blog