Monday 4 November 2013

School Days


School resumed this year without a hitch. It's been something like a miracle to witness these girls convert to fluid French. I'm not whimsical enough to say it's a dream come true, but if I were, I might put it that way.



And overall we've been very pleased with their school, which also happens to be my place of employment. The cultural atmosphere is diverse, the curriculum is hands-on and includes lots of physical activity, the lunches are healthy and delicious, and the building is bright, modern, and conducive to enlightenment.


And, as a teacher, I have the opportunity to point out all the beauties that the world has to offer . . .


. . . and bring them into the classroom.

The girls patiently wait in my classroom each day after my classes.

We are on this wonderful odyssey of learning together, and it fleshes out a dimension of parenthood and life that I find vastly fulfilling and interesting.

1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderful. I visit a lot of schools these days - and some of them are just magical.

    ReplyDelete

Moscow Metro

Sunday morning, roads closed, headed to church on the Metro. All the big in-town events seem to happen on Sundays--marathons, parades a...

Search This Blog